A Federal High Court sitting in Bwari, Abuja on Thursday dismissed the case filed by Busola Dakolo against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA).
The court also ordered Busola to pay N1m for wasting the court’s time
While delivering his judgment, Justice Oathman Musa held that the matter amounts to injustice and an abuse of judicial process, stating further that the case is empty and purely sentimental. Justice Musa said that the case was aimed more at cruelty than obtaining justice.
The court also awarded costs of N1m against Busola Dakolo and held that the fine should have been 10 times more because the court’s time was wasted.
Dakolo filed the suit against Fatoyinbo after alleging that he raped her in 2002 and caused her emotional distress. Fatoyinbo’s team of lawyers, led by Dr. Alex Izinyon (SAN), had however argued that their wish as stated in the suit were ungrantable by the court and that the suit was frivolous and an abuse of court process.
Pastor Fatoyinbo was not in attendance as the case is considered a civil matter which doesn’t not require the presence of the man of God.
- Youths Want Olakunle Churchill As Governor Of Ondo, Print Posters
- Regina Daniels And Husband welcome Their First Child Together…
- Timaya’s ‘Telli Person’ Warned Hushpuppi Before His Arrest – Fans React
- Nolly TV Africa blog celebrate Sarah on her Birthday.
- “I’m Not In Any Financial Distress Over Bayelsa Guber Poll” – – – David Lyon